Regular full-time employees of the City of Carbondale receive a variety of excellent benefits. Below is a summary of the City's benefit package.
The following are holidays observed by non-union personnel:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve (To be decided each year by City Council)
- Christmas Day
Each full-time regular employee also receives a birthday holiday to be used by their next birthday.
All regular full-time employees accrue vacation in accordance with the following schedule:
- After one (1) year of full-time and continuous employment, an employee shall be granted two (2) normal work weeks of vacation.
- After five (5) years of full-time and continuous employment, an employee shall be granted three (3) normal work weeks of vacation.
- After ten (10) years of full-time and continuous employment, an employee shall be granted four (4) normal work weeks of vacation.
Maximum vacation leave accrual is 240 hours.
All regular full-time employees accrue sick leave at the rate of 12 days per year (8) hours per month. Sick leave may be accumulated indefinitely.
The City offers employee and family health plans at a very competitive price.
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Pension
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Pretax Deductions
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account