- 7 p.m.
- Carbondale Civic Center
200 S Illinois Avenue
Carbondale, IL 62901
Meetings are subject to cancellation if there is no business to discuss. The News Media will be notified of changes to this meeting schedule in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
||Email Kathy Benedict
||Email Betsy Brown
|Kevin P. Clark
||Email Kevin Clark
||Email Dorothy Ittner
||Email April McCreary
|Ann Norris-Price (Non-Voting Member)
||Email Jason Sigler
|Ed Van Awken
||Email Ed Van Awken
||Email Jordan Wren
||Email Justin Zulinden
14th Annual Historic Preservation Award
The City of Carbondale Preservation Commission is honored to sponsor the 14th Annual Historic Preservation Awards. Any property located in Carbondale city limits is eligible for a Historic Preservation Award. Carbondale residents are invited to submit nominations for any property that they feel is deserving of an award.
Please submit all nominations by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 4, 2019. The award winners will be recognized at a City Council meeting in May in association with National Preservation Month.
The Preservation Commission is responsible for:
- Investigating and recommending to the City Council the adoption of ordinances designating certain properties as preservation and historic districts
- Reviewing applications for properties under construction or demolition that reside within designated historic districts
- Members appoint the chair
- Two-thirds of all members must reside within City limits or 1 1/2 miles of City limits
- Nine voting members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Council