Reminder: No Burn Ordinance Within City Limits
Pursuant to Carbondale City Code it is unlawful to burn refuse, landscape waste or any other combustible material within the City of Carbondale with the exception of recreational fires, established in the following guidelines.
- The fire is intended for pleasure, religious ceremony, cooking or warmth.
- The fire should be in the rear yard.
- The fire must be no more than three feet in diameter and two feet in height.
- The fire must be at least twenty-five feet from a structure or other combustible material; fifteen feet if in an approved container.
- A method of extinguishment must be readily available; i.e. extinguisher, hose, buckets, etc.
- The fire must not be objectionable because of excessive smoke or odor.
- The fire must be constantly attended at all times.
- The fire department may order extinguishment of open fires that create or add to a hazardous or objectionable situation.
For additional information please contact the City of Carbondale Fire Department Administrative Office at 457-3234.